Silly Shenanigans in Senegal

Monday, April 12, 2010

How to Cure Eczema While Watching Polar Express

While gardening yesterday the school gardener informed Peace Corps Volunteer Wilma that he knew how to cure her eczema. Simply place detergent, salt, and water in a bucket...wash skin 3x. Eczema cured. Wilma still has eczema today...she must not be able to find on of the ingredients :)
Also yesterday...while sweating my eyes of in the 95 degree heat I went into the "living room" to see what the fam was watching...they were watching Polar Express...for serious. It was ridiculous!
One of our language teachers who speaks something like 5 languages fluently was telling us about someone's age the other day and he was speaking English (probably the 5th language he learned). He speaks English very well but informed us that someone's host mom was "Kind of 25" which was quite amusing. It really just makes me feel better about all of the awkward phrases I will be saying over the next 2 years.
I will try to upload pictures sometime in the near future! I haven't taken many yet because whipping out you camera only leads to constant requests for Senegalese photo shoots but I will man up!
Also, I probably will forget to respond to blog comments but I read them and love them! If you want me to respond send me an email and I promise I will answer (not quickly but eventually).
Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. 95....nice 8-)
    It was high 60's today but the pool is now open - stop by if you want to try the hot tub :-/
    Their viewing habits are certainly a bit unique (perhaps it's Christmas nearly down under).
    <3, Dad

    ReplyDelete