Silly Shenanigans in Senegal

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Call Me Beep Me If You Want to Reach Me

10 points for anyone singing the Kim Possible song right now :)
Just wanted to let everyone know quickly that if you feel so inclined to call me or text (muchos cheaper) dial 011221 and then 77-118-1185. Its not crazy expensive to text so feel free to send me interesting texts every once in a while...but they must be interesting...or else. And if its the first time you send me a text say who it is because I don't have everyone's number in my Senegal phone and it would be such a waste of a text for me to ask who you are!

Also, I haven't actually tried this yet so if it doesn't work I am deeply apologetic!

For the next 12 days I'll be trying to learn Fulakunda (a language which is clearly not based in a written form and seems to morph depending on who is teaching) through French. Aka my teacher only speaks French so I'm trying to learn a third language through my second language which I never learned very well in the first place. Myself and the 3 other volunteers in my class like to joke that we speak fluent FrEnglAkunda (French English and Fulakunda) since we use all three languages together, almost always needing a combo of the 3 to form full or even partial sentences.
Obviously I'll probably be all kinds of excited for excuses to speak straight English...

1 comment:

  1. For anyone following SeneKel, we traded texts today and it worked fine but please remember her caution re having to pay for each text and I suspect there will be a charge on our side also so use judiciously.

    ReplyDelete